- Lost property will again be on display each Friday at pick up time. Please remember to name every item including hats and gloves etc.
- Medication can only be administered by school staff is prescribed by a doctor. Any prescription medication must be handed into the school office where you will need to complete a form. Please do not ask staff to administer Calpol, eye drops or any other non-prescription medication.Thank you.
- We are looking for cushions to make a comfortable reading nook in our new group-work room. If you have anything to donate, please bring cushions that are clean and in a good state of repair.
- There are spaces in Year 3-6 Cooking Club. Sessions cost £169 for 10 weeks and includes a FREE Rookie Cooks apron to keep. To book please click this link: Rookie Cooks Tuesdays, Years 3-6
- There will be an Emotion Coaching workshop on Friday 26th January 1-2pm. Please let us know if you wish to attend.
- Children in Year 1, 3 and 4 must have a pair of wellies in school (that fit them), or old trainers that they can change into. Some children still don’t have these. They all need wellies for Green School lessons – this is just as important as having their PE kit.
The children often get muddy on the Nature Trail and if they don’t have wellies, they bring mud into the school. This creates extra work for the cleaners, and is a problem for PE lessons too, as the hall gets covered in mud. Please talk to your child’s class teacher if this is a problem and we will try to help. Thank you from Mrs Greene and Mr Browning.
- Coldfall has again registered for The Royal Academy of Arts Young Artists Summer Show. The Young Artists’ Summer Show is a free, open submission exhibition for students aged 4-19. If your child chooses to participate, their artwork will be judged by a panel of artists and art professionals, with selected artworks displayed online and on site at the Royal Academy of Arts Summer Show. Some of our pupils enjoyed seeing their work displayed in last year’s show and we are incredibly proud of this achievement.
To find out more about the show and to submit your child’s piece of art, click on the link: https://youngartists.royalacademy.org.uk/get-involved#howitworks
Parents and carers can submit their child’s artwork themselves now that we have registered Coldfall as a school that is taking part. If you would prefer for the school to submit the artwork, please hand it in to your child’s class teacher. You can submit artwork up until 5pm on 27th March, with judging taking place in May and the exhibition beginning in July.
Please can children not wear tights on a Tuesday as the children are doing gymnastics this term.
Also, on Thursday 18th January Year 1 are having a fairy tale dress up day. Children can come to school in fancy dress.
Children will be visiting the Ragged Museum on Friday 19th January. Please can children arrive at 8.30am so that we can take the register and leave promptly at 8.45am. Also, it is expected to be incredibly cold next week so please ensure children are dressed appropriately for cold or wet weather.
Thank you to those who have made payment for the Ancient Egyptian workshop on 22nd January. On Google Classroom you can find some information about how to create an Egyptian costume (if your child wishes to dress up), and how to create an Ancient Egyptian name.
The children have an exciting Macbeth workshop on Monday 15th January.