Please be aware that currently we are not able to accommodate large gatherings, the maximum number of people will depend on the government guidance.
Some areas of the school are available for private hire outside of school hours. We have a large multi-function hall suitable for parties, conferences and meetings. The playing fields and the multi-use games area can also be hired. We do not hire out the premises for adult parties.
After reading our Premises Hire Policy below please submit the form below to request hire of the premises and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
For urgent enquiries please contact our Premises Manager Glenn Goodey on- 020 8883 0608 Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm or at email@example.com
Coldfall Main Hall
The main hall at Coldfall is a self contained extension of the school building. The outdoor facilities of the school grounds and the amenities inside the hall together offer a wide range of possibilities. There is an outdoor decking area with stunning views over Coldfall Woods. There are multiple power points, self contained toilet facilities and disabled access throughout. There is access to a serving area for light refreshments.
The hall can seat approximately 200 people and is ideal for meetings and conferences. The flooring is wooden laminate and suitable for activities such as exercise or self-defence classes. Excellent acoustics and the size of the hall make it particularly suitable for music performances, drama and dance.
Coldfall Lower Hall
Security, Supervision and Support
The Site Manager or a representative of the school will be present whenever the halls are in use and will ensure that all functions and meetings are conducted within the rules agreed by the hirer as well as providing help and advice if required.
Please note that due to requests from local residents we only offer hall times:
Muga: 9:00 to 14:00
Main Hall: 14:30 to 16:30
Lower Hall: 12:30 to 16:00
Muga: 9:00 to 14:00
Main Hall: 13:30 to 15:30
Lower Hall: 14:00 to 16:00
Weekdays not available due to regular hirers
For large functions a deposit may be required to secure the letting. Deductions will be made if the hall is left in an unsatisfactory condition.
In most cases a cleaning charge of £17 is applied per hire session. Very rarely an additional hourly cleaning charge of £17 may be required.
MULTI FUNCTION HALL
First 2 hours £90.00
Extra hours £35.00 (per hour)
First 2 hours £70.00
Extra hours £20.00 (per hour)
£40.00 PER HOUR
£30.00 PER Hour including toilets
Field, Toilets & hall (£50.00 per hour)
Premises Hire Policy
Premises Hire Policy
The Governing Body of Coldfall Primary School is keen to see that the premises at Coldfall Primary School are used for the benefit of the whole school community. This document outlines the school’s policy regarding premises hire. It sets out the facilities available, the charges, and the responsibilities of the school and of the users when the school premises are hired.
The overall Premises Hire Policy for the school is the responsibility of the Governing Body; however, decisions regarding lettings and charges are at the discretion of the Head Teacher. Hire to the Friends of Coldfall is free of charge.
Conditions of Hire:
- The Hirer must be familiar with and conform to the school’s Safeguarding Statement and regulations.
(Link to school’s Safeguarding Statement and regulations)
- The Hirer must be familiar with and conform to the school’s Equalities Statement.
(Link to school’s Equalities Statement.)
- The Hirer must be familiar with and conform to the school’s Health and Safety Policy. (Link to school’s Health and Safety Policy)
- Coldfall Main Hall
- Coldfall Lower Hall
- MUGA (Multi Use Games Area)
- School Field
See website for further information on each of the venues above
The main school kitchen is not available for hire, and therefore cannot be used by the Hirer.
- Where the Hirer may want to book large events, for example 200 people or more, please contact the Site Manager to discuss further. The Site Manager will take you through the process and other requirements such as a Risk Assessment, which will need to be completed and approved at least 14 working days in advance (a Risk Assessment template is provided).
- A deposit of 50% of the total costs to be paid at the time of booking.
- The full booking charge must be paid at least 28 days in advance of the hire (or in full at the time of booking in the case of a booking made less than 28 days in advance), by bank transfer or cheque payable to ‘Coldfall Primary School’.
- Account details: Account name: Coldfall Primary School, Account name: 05472849, Sort code: 30 99 86. Please put your Surname and Hire in the reference section.
Furniture and equipment
- Any furniture or equipment required must be agreed with the Site Manager at least 14 days before the hire.
- Any movement of furniture must be undertaken by the Hirer, under the direction of the Site Manager. At the end of the booking furniture must be restored to its original location.
- The school has limited spaces in the school car park available for use by the Hirer. The entrance to the car park is from Everington Road. No vehicles can be brought into the school playground areas except for disabled access or loading/unloading by agreement with the Site Manager.
- No movement of vehicles can occur anywhere in the school premises once an event has commenced (other than in the car park).
- There is no access to the premises before the commencement of the booking period. Hirers must allow enough time for preparation before the event when booking the duration of the hire.
- Hirers must have left the premises by the end of the booking period. Enough time must be included to allow for clearing away.
- The Hirer is responsible for leaving the premises clean and tidy. All the Hirer’s property, including decorations, must be removed after the hire.
- The Hirer is responsible for protecting the premises against damage, and for the good behaviour of all associated users, and will be charged for any damage incurred.
- No alcoholic drinks may be sold on site.
- No adult parties are allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed at any time in any of the buildings or on the grounds.
- The Site Manager, acting on the authority of the Governing Body, has the right to terminate any hire if the terms and conditions are not adhered to. No refund will be available.
- If the Hirer is an organisation, a copy of that organisation’s public liability insurance certificate must be provided.
- Extraordinary lets or regular Hire discount must be approved by the Head Teacher.
For any information or questions regarding the hire of school premises contact Glenn Goodey, Site Manger on firstname.lastname@example.org or at 07932 932242.
- The Site Manager must be notified of any cancellation at least 4 weeks prior to the date of hire. However, notification at the earliest possible time is appreciated.
- Where notification is given to the Site Manager at least 4 weeks prior to the date of the hire, the booking charge will be refunded in full apart from an administration fee of £10.
- Where notification is given to the school between 2-4 weeks prior to the arranged date of the hire, the Hirer is entitled to a 50% refund only less an administration fee of £10.
- Where notification of cancellation is given less than 2 weeks prior to the arranged date of the hire, the Hirer is not entitled to any refund.
Declaration and Insurance Indemnity
I have read and agreed to be bound by the standard conditions of Hire attached.
I am over 18 years of age.
I am aware and agree that if permission to hire the premises is granted, such permission does not vest in or confer upon the Hirer any tenancy of or right to exclusive possession or occupation of the premises or any part thereof, nor any right, licence or liberty other than as expressly granted.
I acknowledge that Haringey Council has effected a policy of insurance in respect of use of Education premises which, subject to its terms and conditions, applies to:
- the legal liability of the Hirer in respect of claims by third parties for injuries or damage occurring during and in direct connection with the hire up to a limit of £2,000,000 in respect of any one incident.
- the contractual liability of the Hirer for accidental damage to the premises and contents therein in accordance with the standard conditions of hire up to a limit of £500,000 for any one incident, with an excess of £50.00 for each and every claim. PROVIDED THAT immediate notice in writing shall be given to the London Borough of Haringey Council, Insurance Section, 10 Station Road, London N22 4TR of any damage, accident or proceedings and that no repudiation of liability shall be made to any third party.
I agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Council from and against all loss, damages, expenses or charges which the Council may sustain or incur in respect of any other matter arising out of the hiring of the premises, or the conditions relating thereto in so far as the same are not covered by the said policy of insurance effected by the Council or the obligation to give notice of any accident, damage or proceedings as afore said is not fulfilled by the Hirer, and to pay the Council at its offices on demand all such sums as may be payable by reason of this indemnity.
Updated June 2019
Use this form to make a booking request, and our site manager will get back to you as soon as possible.
Availability times currently being reviewed.
Please contact email@example.com to check on availability.