The School’s Expectation
We set very high standards with regard to attendance. Your child should be in school every day unless he or she is ill.
If your child is absent for any reason, please ring on the first day of absence and write a letter to the class teacher on his/her return to school.
Holidays during term time cannot be authorised.
Unexplained absences are always queried.
Medical and Dental Appointments
Please note that whenever possible medical and dental appointments should be booked outside school hours. When this is not possible, please attach a copy of the appointment card to the application.
Children should be returned to school promptly after appointments and signed out and in at the welcome desk.
Deciding Factors for Accepting Absence Requests
When considering a Request for Leave of Absence, the Head Teacher will take the following into account:
– the effect the absence will have on the child’s education and ability to achieve
– the overall pattern of attendance and punctuality
– the age of the child
– the child’s stage of education
– the time of year (SATs or assessments)
– the particular family circumstances